Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Hi V.Pooh,

I have not used the product, but before you do, are you sure you need it? What are your current water conditions: PH; KH; DH? The addition of CO2 typically causes problems if you have very soft water like here in Seattle where our KH is around 2.0!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi V.Pooh,

I have not used the product, but before you do, are you sure you need it? What are your current water conditions: PH; KH; DH? The addition of CO2 typically causes problems if you have very soft water like here in Seattle where our KH is around 2.0!
Yes, I already try CO2 on small tank (10g) before setup big one, during two weeks it lower Ph from 7.0 to 6.2. I have tank for 125g where everything( crypt's, echo's, diferent kind of stem) grow perfect without CO2 exept HC, I see my new setup with a-lot HC, that why I think about use CO2.

·
Registered
113 Posts
GH aka hardness(and therefore Ultmiate GH Booster) won't affect your ph and keep it from dropping. You are thinking of KH, which is raised by adding baking soda. As for the Ultimate GH booster, the amount you need to add depends on the GH of your current water. I kept my tank around 6 dGH before i got rams, and now keep it at 2 dGH. The GH booster from what i've heard adds about the same amount of hardness as Seachem's Equilibrium, which is 3 dGH for each tablespoon per 20 gallons, if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GH aka hardness(and therefore Ultmiate GH Booster) won't affect your ph and keep it from dropping. You are thinking of KH, which is raised by adding baking soda. As for the Ultimate GH booster, the amount you need to add depends on the GH of your current water. I kept my tank around 6 dGH before i got rams, and now keep it at 2 dGH. The GH booster from what i've heard adds about the same amount of hardness as Seachem's Equilibrium, which is 3 dGH for each tablespoon per 20 gallons, if i remember correctly.
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts