Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using a DIY bottle on my 29g up until yesterday when I was given a big, full tank. Have a Hagen ladder in the tank and immediately noticed the bubbles coming out of the tank where dissolving better than the bubbles from the yeast. Small bubbles usually made it out the top of the diffuser with the yeast. Bubbles are rarely making it out with the pressurized gas. You can see them loose size much faster. Even my non-interested husband noticed the difference and commented.

Is there something different? I changed nothing else except from soda bottle to pressurized tank but the change in the bubbles is very apparent.

Other waste gases mixed in with the yeast bubbles? Big difference in dissolving rate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bubbles from Yeast mixtures contain much waste gases. Yeast respire too so they produce O2. Surface evaporation and the force of bubbles leaving the water surface can contribute some water vapor. Air enters the bottle while you are mixing so it also contains some gases from air, like N, CO2, O2, noble gases, etc...

I had a Dennerle flipper with DIY before, so I experienced the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts