Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
IUnknown said:
Is there an option to get emails when an article is posted?
I am working on that as an option ... there is a lot more activity on the site than I expected, so I am working on improved navigation and a "subscription" feature which will allow you to subscribe to any part of the site you like to receive updates when something new is posted ...

Greg

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I am treating Greg like a salve on a Viking war ship at the moment. We will have many new things improved in a few days for folks. It should be greatly improved and enhanced.
The main newsletter will be sent out like before(test form). You will have the option of downloading a pdf off the site as well and there will be a seperate section for archived pdf's and then a section for comments and clarification for each month's newsletter.

It's a process and we are responding to the evolution as it occurs.
So Greg is working like a dog right now so be nice to him and toss him a bone and any good comments and suggestions are welcomed.

The site has no sponsers other than the subscribers. This will always be the case. You are the folks I serve and that are interested in plants and why things work.

Therefore that is the focus.

Enjoy and please make comments on what you'd like to see.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Well, it'll get better, especially as we start into the nutrients cycling.
O2, N, Mn and Fe, PO4, C, K+.
I think we have settled on a publishing format.
Some of it is heavy, it's rich readingm, niot something you'll read and understand everything rh efirst time, you will need to review it a few times and will pick up more and more as you make connections of various concepts.

As we get further along, folks will have a general feel for most any method and why each method worjks and what each method achieves and the trades off is provides in terms of plant health and growth rates.

It'll also show some interesting results on non CO2 methods.
I've always felt that we could grow most of the plants to a high level in non CO2 tank, just not as fast, I've found some methods and dosing routines that are very easy and solve about 80% of the plant issues associated with non CO2 tanks.

So folks can grow hairgrass, Gloss etc, but it'll grow an 1" every 1 month instead of daily.

I have articles mapped out for the next 23 months.
So it's not going anywhere and it's a good group of folks interested in learning more about aquatic plants.

Some just want the articles, some want a secure place to post their aquascapes without them being right clicked off by lurkers/public. Some like the forums. Many folks from over seas, about 70%, also cannot keep up with the volume of non native languages so it's nice to cater to their needs more so.

This way folks all over can get the same information availability.
Eventually, many of these folks will be able to help others, attack problems with a good set of approaches.

I hope others will try non CO2 methods and Marine tanks, not just CO2 enriched methods.

These will be discussed in detail.

Greg and I are working on local and national/international plant club members to offer a 30% discount to their membership as a way of giving back to those clubs that help others.

The Club banners will go on the front page which we have not activated yet.

Regards,
Tom Barr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts