Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 4 bags of flourite from my local Petsmart's today. Rex suggested that I take advantage of Petsmart's price matching policy. The manager at the second one went "wow" when he saw the price of the pet solutions printout. Petsmart sells flourite for $25 compared to the $9 at pet solutions.
Greg

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They didn't say anything about shipping, but it did feel like I had to twist their arm to get the deal. The first place I called and talked to the manager, to make sure it was O.K. They only had two bags, so they called another store. At the other store I showed my receipt cause the lady didn't seem to trust me. I guess it will take some social engineering, but for 1/2 the price its worth it.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pet solutions is an internet shop. Once person reported that they were turned down because it was internet pricing. I guess it depends on how persuasive you are. I don't think it is written in the policy anywhere. Just call around. When I called I just asked if they matched their competitors price, he said as long as I brought a print out with the date (printer prints the date on the bottom of the web page), it was fine. I never emphasized that it was an internet dealer, so maybe I got away with something. Try a another petsmart if it doesn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.