Aquatic Plant Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
The old times of Mom and Pop shops giving you all you need and nothing more is over, especially with those shops competing with the internet. A simple $3 sale on a fish that can cause issues will incur a larger sale if something does happen.
So post-apocalyptic! Didn't know things were so deep :twitch:

I'm really just tryin to sitin this :bathbaby: bathtub!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du
Yeah
Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du
Yeah

Oh yeah
In an Mmmbop they're gone
Yeah yeah

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ram are you getting horizontal growth from the repens? It's S. Repens right or L. Repens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
Re: Disco Safari Lounge W60 x D30 x H18 cm 32 Liter

Nice, for whatever reason I thought it was ludwigia repens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
The dwarf hairgrass at 5"? That's nuts!
Not so much, actually. I've grown two varieties of DHG, and found E. parvula to run a good bit taller than E. acicularis 'Mini'. The folks at Tropica.com concur.

Here's their stuff on E. parvula: "A low-growing Eleocharis that forms runners close to the parent plant. It is prettiest planted in small bunches quite close to each other, which will gradually form a solid mass of plants. An ideal foreground plant, equally suited to large and small aquariums. Height: 3 - 10+ (cm)'

And E. acicularis 'Mini': "Eleocharis acicularis 'mini' has even lower growth than the common Eleocharis parvula and was given to Tropica by Thomas Barr from US. Plant the mini-version in small portions covering a larger area. In short time, a dense carpet will be obtained. Needs light to perform optimal, however, it is one of the most secure species for craeting a carpet - and a minimum of maintenance since leaves stays small (3-5 cm). Suitable for nano-aquariums. Height: 3 - 5+ (cm)"

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

*sh just got real! Broke down and bought the Eheim 2211 that I've wanted for a while. Now I know what people are raving about. Makes the ole zoomed feel like a tinker toy.

Only gripe is that the inflow and outflow tube dimensions aren't the same so I had to get a new piece of glass for the inflow, but it was only $5...so whatevs. It's kinda massive for the tank tho...haha, oh well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Re: Disco Safari Lounge W60 x D30 x H18 cm 32 Liter

Nice DIY. What exactly does it do?
Thanks Z :)

It's supposed to mimic the Twinstar Algae killing machine
It splits H20 into H and 02, which allegedly destroys single celled organisms in the water column, including pesky algae. Bacteria is also sacrificed, but the bio-filter should make up for that.

I ran the rig for a few hours today, and I don't know what's going on, but my water is definitely more clear than it was before. I hear it takes about a month to see true results, and it doesn't kill full blown algae, only the spores. But who knows, the water is already more clear, and I didn't spend $100 bucks on the Twinstar, I just used what I had laying around, so yay!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts