Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Im in need of some information on discus. Im currently still soaking up a lot of research but its nice to hear it from this board.

As far as ADA tanks.. what are some options that would properly house 6-8 discus? I know the general rule of 10-15 per fish.. but wasnt sure if there was a few top options for the ADA tanks. I know the bigger the better.. but i am on a budget!

Also.. ive seen a lot of opinions about the water changing situation. It may be a big deterrent if the reality is having to change 50% of the water daily.

Thank you!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I know of several 58 gal oceanic tanks with 6+ discus in them. The fish do quite well with one 50% water change a week. We see good growth in the younger fish and get the adults to pair up and spawn. I don't know if I would want more than 4-5 adult size fish in this size of tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thankyou very much for the imput.

that definitely looks like a cost efficient tank and definitely is an option! I am a bit more interested in the design of the ADA tanks though. Any suggestion on what size/model would be best as far as those style tanks?

thanks again for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts