Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
This has been a find... Especially the illustrations of flow, grye, and the u shapes. They have really hit home. I recently made a mistake in the hardware arrangements on a long low tank (a GLA 91-B) than I think has an incorrect flow pattern. I hand bent some acrylic tubing to make a spray bar flush to the right end the tank with a spread pattern aiming toward the left. I built an intake with acrylic on the left hand side of the tank in the rear. I then hooked up an old monster 404 fluval to the pile and just prayed I wouldn't blast the substrate off the bottom. I figured that the filtration would flow smoothly from one side to another and the tank would have distinct flow patterns. Instead it stalls out and has built up a pile of protein scum on the left side surface that I wouldn't have expected. Even with the slightly unusual dimension's of such a flat tank I am now thinking I will be much better served with the Amano style setup. Any thoughts before I go thru the work of re-engineering the the stand and the acrylic?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts