Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Distored leaves on Nesea (picture!)

7K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  plantbrain 
This plant is incredibly hard to keep, so don't feel bad if it doesn't do exactly what you are hoping for.

:roll:

I, for one, am not likely to run home and tear it out of my tanks, now that it's rooting for me, just because someone else has a problem with it.

Nah it's more fun to have people see it and say, "gee even that Tom guy can't grow that." :lol:

I'd rather have a common crypt than ANY stem plant, but I'm fickle like that. If it wasn't for Ghazanfar starting to dump stems on me when he got bored I probably wouldn't have any.

This is how I coddle plants, I put some of the plant in every aqaurium I have. The aquarium that it keeps growing in is the one it stays in. There isn't another thing that I do after setting the tank up that could be remotely associated with coddling. I might be nice and move the other stems or rosettes to the tank that it is fairing well in, but I'm more likely to leave everything where it is. I think all my tanks get an equal portion of inattention.

I don't think this plant will ever have Ammania gracilis sized leaves in an aquarium but the red is very deep and intense. Looking through my emails, I've had it since October 2003, I've had A. gracilis and Nesaea pedicillata since April 2003. The N. pedicilata was mixed in the bag of A. gracilis and I recently figured out why that stand of green Ammania never grew red leaves. I had slowly seperated the big red leaf stems from the small green leaf stems while trimming this summer. I guess growing N. pedicilata must not be too hard, I did it without even knowing I had it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.