Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nesea sp red looks like this:

The tank is 310 litres with 0.7 watts/litre without reflectors. Aged gravel substrate since several years.

50-100% wc every week. CO2 from tube inserted in the canister filter intake. Apx 2-3 bubbles/sec that get's totally dissolved. Adjusted so that the plants pearl within a couple of hours and fishes seems ok.

I just recently (just a couple of days ago) have bought CaCl2 so I've raised my GH from 3.5 to 8 with it. To early to say anything about that.

Nutrient dosage every other day:

0.4 tsp KNO3 (low because I want reds)
2.75 ppm worth of PO4 (high because I like it, 2 tsp KH2PO4 in 200 mls of water, 25 ml dose)
0.1-0.2 ppm with CSM+B equivalent ("NutriSI" almost identical to CSM+B)
0.2 tsp MgSO4
0.2 tsp K2SO4

(I often dose macros and mikros alternating every other day).

So what's up with my Nesea? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Carlos and Pat!

I've actually just upped from 0.2 tsp KNO3 to 0.4 the last dosage I made today(!). I guess I have pushed things to far, but everything else looks healthy but the Nesaea. Today pearling is better, so I will permanentley rise KNO3-dosage.

I decided to add CaCl2 a long time ago because of twisting Ludwigia glandulosa leaves, but didn't get hold of it until a couple of days ago.

The Nesaea have been stunted since I bought it 15'th Aug - the only visible growth is some aerial roots and some small side shoots that seems stunted. I started CaCl2-dosing 25'th Aug.

Slightly off topic: I've begun to see more spot algae on the front glass despite my high PO4-dosage - Is spot algae also a sign of N-limiting like it is of PO4-limiting conditions?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts