Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is a real "mystery" plant to me.

Jay and I both picked some up at our LFS. The fellow at that shop seems to grow the plant quite well in a plain Flourite substrate, with a good amount of MH light over it (I am not sure how much). I believe all he does is dose with Flourish, nothing else. His plant has good color, and grows and multiplies, but the leaves themselves are stunted, in my opinion. They are short and round. The whole plant survives in the shop's aquarium, but it does not thrive.

The plants I took home did well for a while. I never got that rich, pinky color, but the leaves were a gorgeous, long billowy green. You wouldn't think it was the same plant I had originally purchased. Again, the plant did well for a while at a CO2 level of 15ppm, 3WPG 10:1 , NO3:pO4. Then it just tired out. Tips became stunted and growth stopped. The new shoots on the stunted plant also did well for a while, and then they stunted.

Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is a real "mystery" plant to me.

Jay and I both picked some up at our LFS. The fellow at that shop seems to grow the plant quite well in a plain Flourite substrate, with a good amount of MH light over it (I am not sure how much). I believe all he does is dose with Flourish, nothing else. His plant has good color, and grows and multiplies, but the leaves themselves are stunted, in my opinion. They are short and round. The whole plant survives in the shop's aquarium, but it does not thrive.

The plants I took home did well for a while. I never got that rich, pinky color, but the leaves were a gorgeous, long billowy green. You wouldn't think it was the same plant I had originally purchased. Again, the plant did well for a while at a CO2 level of 15ppm, 3WPG 10:1 , NO3:pO4. Then it just tired out. Tips became stunted and growth stopped. The new shoots on the stunted plant also did well for a while, and then they stunted.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts