Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't hear much noise on mine. When it hits a large bubble you'll hear a swooshing sound ocassioanlly. Most of the bubbles that come off the glass diffuser or sweetwater airstone are pretty "misty" and usually don't make much noise when they hit the filter's impeller.

The bubble counter doesn't actually count bubbles. It enables you to count the bubbles as you see them go through the water. This helps you know how much CO2 is being produced, and whether or not it is slowing down and needs replacing. Generally with DIY CO2 and a 2 liter bottle I got about 1 bubble per 4 seconds, so I imagine you should be experience a similar CO2 output.

-John N.
I'm not sure on what you mean here, do you think you could explain how the bubble counter works? sorry I'm still new, setting it up tonight so maybe I'll see what you mean.

thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
The package said 2 and 1/4 teaspoons of yeast and I poured all of this in my bottle, is this going to harm anything or just going to give me a fast reacting co2?

Ok so the glue I used ended up being dissolved in the glue but I had already made the mixture so I have it now with the check valve but no bubble counter since I have two check valves. Could I use hot glue or elmers glue or should I let it be as it is and get expoxy glue asap though where would I buy it, many thanks.

currently waiting for bubbles to come

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.