Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
As suggested in my earlier PM to ya, check for leaks around the cap area, and make sure the yeast is still good. Since you're not using a glass diffuser or anything at the end of your airline tubing, we can take out the lack of pressure to run those items out of the equation. That leaves us leaks and bad yeast.

You can test the functionality of the yeast by putting it in a coke bottle and sealing it aff completely. It will pressurized the coke bottle in a few hours indicating that Co2 production is occuring and the yeast is good. And you can check for leaks around the cap with a soapy solution to look for soapy bubbles from the leaks.

-John N.
What do I do after I put the yeast in the coke bottle and seal it off completely (no hole in cap)... Meaning how do I check THAT if it has pressure or not b/c I wont be able to squeeze the bottle.

What do I do with the soap solution and water? Sorry im new to this.

Currently I just squeezed the bottle and bubbles came out of the tubing....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Well there is definetly pressure from the bottle. Every once in a while there will be a spur of bubbles that come out of the airline tube.. then it just stops... then picks up again later.... Is this normal? Or is it supposed to have a constant flow of bubbles?

·
Registered
400 Posts
well since I made my first 2L bottle and it was giving me 1 bubble every 20 seconds (I haven't checked for leaks) I made another bottle, A 1L bottle and put it in the tank as well. So just for now I have a 2L bottle and a 1L bottle giving about 1 bubble every 8 seconds. Strangely enough, the 1L bottle had bubbles coming out of it within 1hr. I guess that means the hole I drilled for the first one was probabbly too big. I'll check for leaks tonight.

Thanks for the great information!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.