Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to aquatic tank. I set up a tank with DIY CO2. I put CO2 diffuser right under the input of filter. The bubbles comes out very fine and got suck in to the filter. But the output got no bubbles coming out. Is it 100% dissolve in the water or i did it wrong?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
What filter are you using? It's better to put the CO2 by the output so it'll blow the fine bubbles around the tank.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Putting the CO2 at the input might work for this filter. You can check if the CO2 is dissolved in the water by taking the pH of a sample of the aquarium water. Agitate the water for a few minutes to expel the CO2 from the water or microwave the water to boil and let cool. Measure the pH of the water again. The difference will tell you roughly how much CO2 is in the water. Use this formula.
CO2 (ppm) = 3 * 10^(pH2-pH1)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Putting the CO2 at the input might work for this filter. You can check if the CO2 is dissolved in the water by taking the pH of a sample of the aquarium water. Agitate the water for a few minutes to expel the CO2 from the water or microwave the water to boil and let cool. Measure the pH of the water again. The difference will tell you roughly how much CO2 is in the water. Use this formula.
Hi, thank you so much! I will test as you recommended!

·
Registered
300 Posts
That's pretty much how I used to do it except I fed the co2 directly into the intake on my eheim cannister filter. Worked very well for several years. I hate the look of the tiny bubbles in the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty much how I used to do it except I fed the co2 directly into the intake on my eheim cannister filter. Worked very well for several years. I hate the look of the tiny bubbles in the tank.
Hi,
I see. So it works really well! Thank you for your info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts