Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, I recieved my Red Sea checker today. Unfortunately didn't have any distilled water left after making the last batch of CSM+B - and forgot to replace it. But there is a bypass on my well house's water conditioner and my KH is near zero there.
So I thought I'd try a little experiment untill I get the distilled water. I used the well water and after adding a very tiny amount of baking soda, finally got a KH of 5 (after a few more trips to the well house). Put one ml. of the KH 5 water into the little Red Sea container. Next I added about 6 drops of AP pH test solution and it came out quite green. Oh well... I suppose there is a bit of CO2 acid in my well water which generally rises to a standing pH of 6.6 from pH 5.2 out of the tap. Tommorrow, with distilled water, I'm hoping I'll get the blue color as this method requires.

Is it possibly CO2 acids which caused the KH5 well water to be green from the get go??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, it was just an experiment. It actually turned a bit blue by morning. I run a airstone at night. And it was a lighter green (approaching greenish-yellow) tonight when I got home from work. I have distilled water now so I'll fix that tonight.These "drop checkers" are a cool concept and I appreciate everyone's efforts on this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.