Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
no one changes the solution from the diy drop checker ?

i have 1 more problem
we use 4 dKH water , and i use 10 drops of PH reagent on 2 ml dKH water , and it's still not blue ,is a dark green .
why is that ?
what we do wrong ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi
i am using a prepared 4 dkh water
the water was made in a lab from baking soda an distilled water
i use 2 ml of 4 dkh water and 10 drops of sera ph reagent and it turns green not blue
i see on youtube some 1 use 4 drops of ph reagent and turn blue
it can bee the moisture ?
i will tell 2 mi friend 2 redo the 4 dkh water
not even now after 2 days of using it diden't change 2 much the color

i test my water and i have 6 ph , but the drop checker is almost green and the test shows me almost yellow . if i am not wrong it has 2 be both the same color . i am right ?
that meens that the solution from the drop checker is not good?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i know that the solution and the tank water are independent
i read a lot about the co 2 checker before i start to use one , but i that is better to ask because some of my friends told me that is possible to use the solution from the drop checker too test the water ph .
my drop checker works , because it change the color to yellow green (that to much of co2 , i know that , i am traing to reduce that )
mi problem is that my water that i use is only 3 Kh strong , and i need to raise a little bit the ph because it's to low ( 6 ) .
that why i wondering of good working about the drop checker because watching the ph/kh/co2 table it's not good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.