Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Diamond Black

Hello John,

It's interesting that you're using the Diamond Black (I think we corresponded re: this product recently) - I found this additive last year while browsing thru a hp store and have been using it for some time; it seems to be an excellent amendment so far, particularly when used in conjunction with other additives to build a more substantial substrate. I've not tried it with your particular combination of ingredients, but your mix sounds promising. Thanks for the great post! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey John,

I think the Diamond Black is definitely promising as an additive to substrate builds... I received Vladimir's translated text but I must do some editing before it is publish-worthy! :lol:

Wheeler said:
Hey Erik!!

Yeah, we chatted about Diamond Black and other substrate stuff which prompted me to look more deeply at the whole situation-- I stumbled on it while looking for worm castings at a HP store like the day after. It's exactly the same stuff as Ferti-Plant. I'm just glad that you told me about it or I would've passed it right up :)

Pyrosol which you also mentioned looks promising as a substitute for Laterite. I'll get around to giving that a shot one day...

I actually meant to give you credit for the DB stuff, but I forgot. :oops:

Did you get the Vladimir Simoes method translation from Enrico? He mentioned that you were also asking for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts