Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Wheeler

great writeup! Can you let us know what proportions you use hehe and how much of your miracle mix would you use on a 40 gallon tank?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Man this is turning out to be a really awesome thread. Ok so you guys were talking about soaking the lignite, or black diamond, in a KNO3 and KH2PO4 bath? So Im assuming that the lignite will adsorb these nutrients and store it for use by the roots of our plants correct? If this is the case would you be so kind as to recommend some amount or should I just experiment? Also do you think the lignite would adsorb Fe? I am trying your, Wheeler's, mix out except that I am substituting in Schultz Aquatic Plant soil since I can get it so cheap at home depot, $5 a bag.

Heres what I was thinking about doing:
Lower layer
Aquatic Plant soil
Black Diamond
Possibly some silica sand?
Carbon
Laterite

Top Layer
Eco complete
Tahitian Moon sand

What do you guys think? If you have any suggestions I am open to them and I would like to learn more about this pre-soak in NPK and possibly other trace minerals.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What about soaking Aquatic Plant soil along with the diamond black and everything else in the NPK solution? Also if you were to soak carbon in the NPK solution wouldnt that take up and adsorb the NPK mixture fairly well? If the carbon does do this would plants still have access to it in the carbon?

·
Registered
84 Posts
What about soaking Aquatic Plant soil along with the diamond black and everything else in the NPK solution? Also if you were to soak carbon in the NPK solution wouldnt that take up and adsorb the NPK mixture fairly well? If the carbon does do this would plants still have access to it in the carbon?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts