Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First timer with the diy CO2 System and i believe that some of the mixture has made its way into my tank creating very cloudy water. Now i have lots of oxygen going just incase it is a bacterial bloom but any information or guides on how i can fix this would be amazing!!!
thanks a ton

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Don't fill the yeast bottle too much so it doesn't go in your tank. You can use baking soda & citric acid reactor instead of yeast also but ideally, it's easier if you go to a CO2 canister tank.
The initial cost will be a lot but if you add up the cost of all the yeast and sugar over the year, the initial cost isn't that much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't fill the yeast bottle too much so it doesn't go in your tank. You can use baking soda & citric acid reactor instead of yeast also but ideally, it's easier if you go to a CO2 canister tank.
The initial cost will be a lot but if you add up the cost of all the yeast and sugar over the year, the initial cost isn't that much.
everything in the aquarium was growing fine i was just trying to see if i was able to do it =( i did a 50% water change yesterday and have not checked the water color today other than glancing this morning...would you recommend i do another 50% water change until water is clear? tank has been cycled for months and thriving any recommendations at this point would be awesome because its driving me nuts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts