Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 125gal tank and the light that came with are 2 48" fluorescent tube they have the typical wattage of regular 48" tubes (I'm not home so I can't look at the wattage). If it is important to know the actual wattage, I will look at it when I'm home.

Do I have enough light to grow low demanding plants? What plants would you guys suggest for this low light tank?
I am capable of upgrading to a high-tech planted aquarium but I think a low tech is decent enough and will save me the money I need.

Please provide any input you can, I need some advice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing much, just making a sort of eye candy for my basement. I know how to use CO2 and fertilizers because my 29 gal is heavily planted but it ate my tiny wallet. LOL. So I don't really think it is necessary for me to spend a large sum on my 125 especially when I've seen plenty of nice tanks with low light.

Maybe something like this would help.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/toscotoys/2008_4A.jpg
Although I could do with less foliage.
I will not be housing friendly or tiny fishes in there. It will be my 5" Jardini Arowana's new home.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VERY interesting. I can't believe I have never heard about the El Natural method. Very nice indeed. Thank you 1aquamfish. I did a little bit of reading on it but will get into more detail. If I have anymore questions I will ask again.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts