Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Looks good, but wouldn't the water flow push the CO2 bubbles downward away from the reactor chamber? How would any bubbles get to the ceramic rings?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nope

Since the flow gets stopped with the fillers the bubbles can come up in a slow way to the fillers because the circulation is randomly the fillers are small pipe pieces so the flow can go here and there in the pipe.
Bubbles goes up and some goes down again and up and down this way the bubbles gets grained

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's the usual design for a diy co2 reactor. As the bubbles try to rise they get tumbled around by the water flow and dissolve. The co2 enriched water then flows out into the tank. Supposed to be very effective. Looks great peter!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thaerin said:
That's the usual design for a diy co2 reactor. As the bubbles try to rise they get tumbled around by the water flow and dissolve. The co2 enriched water then flows out into the tank. Supposed to be very effective. Looks great peter!
Thanks Thaerin
this sort of reactor seem to be well known but i haven't seen it whit it his type with fillers and bubble counter in the same canister there are the ones with empty canister like Mr Tom Barr but he uses a small pipe to get rid of the rest gas which is ok, but since the rest gas is more or lees O2 and in this setup like mine the gas dissolves during close down at night so i dosent mater I let it stay.
And I say "i haven't seen it" =O)) there might be in the USA or other planets =O) but I'm new at this and haven't seen much =O)))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts