Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Seachem uses a different iron in the form of iron gluconate. Using the recommended dosage of 5 ml per 200 liters, you will end up with 0.25 ppm iron. This iron is used up by plants or is oxidized or precipitates in 24 hours. So you need to dose daily to keep it at .25 ppm.

· Registered
99 Posts
good to know... I love TMG because of it very stable chelator..... 1 dose per week is effective, irregardless of the issue of concentration needed with AS.

Do you know if Flourish iron and regular Flourish both use iron gluconate? I am thinking of switching to new stuff because TMG has recently experienced a huge price jump in CN (probably because of high fuel cost last year).
However, I am definitely not a daily dosing kind of guy. I know people say that if you feed the fish, you can feed the plants and make it part of the routine.:)
If you go to www.seachem.com, the iron used in Flourish and Flourish Iron is bith ferrous gluconate. Here is the thread where I asked seachem if their iron is available only for about 24 hours http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/seachem/59344-flourish-iron-dosing.html .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.