Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
373 Posts
Dosing Iron with AquaSoil

In my new ADA Amazonia aquasoil tanks, i occasionally add NKP, but have cut back on TMG dosing and the plants are doing fine. Most plants are rooted in substrate, but i also have lots of moss and ferns.

Is this because this substrate has sufficient and available Fe and other traces like other "soils?"

Have other AquaSoil users modified/reduced their Fe+trace additions?

--Neil

· Registered
373 Posts
Seachem's iron is used up by plants or is oxidized or precipitates in 24 hours. So you need to dose daily .
good to know... I love TMG because of it very stable chelator..... 1 dose per week is effective, irregardless of the issue of concentration needed with AS.

Do you know if Flourish iron and regular Flourish both use iron gluconate? I am thinking of switching to new stuff because TMG has recently experienced a huge price jump in CN (probably because of high fuel cost last year).
However, I am definitely not a daily dosing kind of guy. I know people say that if you feed the fish, you can feed the plants and make it part of the routine.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.