Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,320 Posts
Hi Jbennett,
I agree dosing can be confusing and expensive, especially when I was buying my ferts at the LFS. After reading about the different dosing plans recommended on this as well as other forums, I decided to try the PPS-Pro system that you will find here on APC. I wanted to "keep it simple".
I bought my dry ferts, trace elements (CSM+B), and an inexpensive gram scale, mix my own solutions, and dose daily. PPS-Pro does not require water changes, but I typically change 10%-20% weekly anyway (but I don't HAVE to!). I also dose with Flourish Excel to add carbon and deter algae, but it is not a fert.
My plants are doing great! I typically have lots of extras to take to our monthly GSAS meeting for other members.

· Registered
5,320 Posts
Hi mattmathis,
In answer to your question, yes, you are absolutely correct. Those would be the correct amounts to make 1 liter of the macro and the trace solutions for PPS-Pro.
I don't mix up that much at a time because I had a problem with a fungus growing in the solution if I didn't use it up fast enough. Now I mix up 100 ml at a time which lasts me about 2 weeks and I add a few drops of a fungus cure to insure no fungus growth in the solutions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.