Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody:D

here's a new tank , this one is less than 2 weeks old , still very fresh .
for this one i made a quite heavy hardscape , i'll try to compensate by keeping the stem part light , aerian and a bit unorganised .
moss should tie the wood and stone parts but it has not grown yet so it looks a bit rough at this time
i will add some eleocharis parvula in very small amounts in the foreground next to the hardscape.

so it's just the beginning , still i hope you like it:D

technical part:
60*30*36cm , 65Liters
lights: 2*18W ada NA-lamp
filter: eheim 2213
co2 1b/2s non stop
ferts: step1, brightyK ( at this point)

plants:
rotala sp green
hygrophilia sp
arcuata needle leaf (emerged form on the pics)
MU
myriophilum matogrossense green
rotala indica
macrandra green
valisneria nana
glosso
java moss
eleocharis parvula(to come)
crypto parva (to come)
x-moss (to come)

i will give some updates soon:D

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
I like the hardscape setup, makes for a great 'backbone' for your scape.

I would suggest some 'midground' plants to add depth to the hardscape, as well as the overall aquascape in general.

Keep us posted :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Very nice work. Would love to see it as it progresses.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
The hardscape looks fantastic. Did you collect the wood and rocks yourself? What kind of fish do you have?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Always love your scapes Uttoshii. I almost feel like the hardscape is too overpowering though (yeah, that's a rare problem). Might consider moss on the thinner branchier pieces?

It looks like a terrific start though. Beautiful. What type of rocks?

edit: I'm also amazed at how small the glosso looks even though this is just a 60cm tank!

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Always love your scapes Uttoshii. I almost feel like the hardscape is too overpowering though (yeah, that's a rare problem). Might consider moss on the thinner branchier pieces?

It looks like a terrific start though. Beautiful. What type of rocks?

edit: I'm also amazed at how small the glosso looks even though this is just a 60cm tank!
Very well done hardscape layout. It's too early to determine IMO if it's too overpowering since the tank is only a few weeks old and there are several plant species to be added as indicated by OP.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice hardscape indeed.
Though the driftwood on the front left seems a werid placement to me.
Probably just me, but once your tank grown in ill probably get your whole concept. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you for your comments:D

I would suggest some 'midground' plants to add depth to the hardscape, as well as the overall aquascape in general.
for the midground i want to use only small plants varieties , i will use glosso , eleo parvula , moss (2 species) and a bit of ranalisma humile , i think that more species would make it to heavy ;) of course there still might be some changes;)
for the background (and for the midground as well) tank needs to mature a lot more:wink:

Cah925 , i've collected the rocks in the mountain , fishes are tanichtys and puntius gerius;)

i went hardcore on the hardscape this time:rolleyes: i expect the midground plants to cover it partially , i'll let the glosso run over the foreground stones , i'll use moss mainly to connect the different part (wood/stone transitions) and to soften the most heavy hardscape parts , the thinest part of the wood should stay moss free , still i'll let the moss go wherever it wants to ;)

here is what it looked like at the set up , heavy ....lol

the glosso i'm using was originaly small in the previous tank it was in (i've been using it for a long time , might have been be some defficiency...) and it doesnt seem to want to grow bigger or even greener .... (i'd like it in a deeper green tone....)

there are several plant species to be added as indicated by OP.
in complement to what i added recently i was thinking of using some crypto parva ....still thinking about it;)

Nice hardscape indeed.
Though the driftwood on the front left seems a werid placement to me.
Probably just me, but once your tank grown in ill probably get your whole concept. :)
not only you , it was kind of bothering from the beginning , i did a small modification , it seems better , still i'm not satisfied with it , i might change it a bit again soon;)

here is how it looks today not quite finished yet (especially the stem part), it must still mature a lot but i feel like it's going in the right way;) the green rotala is kind of slow , i'll rethink my fertilisation soon . stem part should grow very near to the surface in a classic V type , moss and glosso should go more over the hardscape .

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have to admit Uttoshi, at first I thought the hardscape looked too dominating, but it now leaves quite a refreshing impression-- it really reminds me of hiking in the mountains. You are also brilliant at mixing stem plants

·
Registered
719 Posts
I really like this layout. I think the hardscape is pretty much perfect as it is, but then again I like seeing exposed hardscape. ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some news , i replaced the green rotala on the right side by some myrio , i think it will help to integrate the wood , stem plants are still slow in the extremities , i will shape the stem parts at the next trimming in a classic "V" shape , but not really open in the center and rather high.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
some news of this tanks , it will be finished soon , stem part need to grow a bit more and it will be ok , i think that i will present this tank for the ada contest this year , a full front shot should comme soon :D
hope you like it anyways :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts