Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks!

I'm a noob planted aquarium guy. My only tank is a mini complete tank, and it's probably all I can manage right now.

I've recently restarted the tank using a dry start method with some Monte Carlo. I'm four weeks in, and growth is looking great. But I've ran into a challenge:

I'm departing on a family trip and will be gone for about a week. The tank will be neglected with nobody to take care of it for that entire time. My question is:

Should I A) flood the tank and let it sit for a week with no care, or B) leave it unflooded and neglect it for a week?

For further context, I don't have a timed light. This tank is going to get moved to a window with a lot of light and I'll just hope for the best.

Below is a photo, because photos are fun. Sorry for the dirty walled tank.... It's just a dry start so far!

Water Fluid Pet supply Rectangle Wood

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying this. I didn't have time to get a timer, unfortunately. I'm realizing this is a major limitation of this tank. I'd have to get a secondhand light for it because it turns on with a pushbutton, so an in line timer can't be used with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts