Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also wanted to dose daily so I converted the dose by multiplying by 3/7. I then took a plain soda bottle and measured the volume of a capful. I then calculated how many capfuls it took to fill up the bottle (that number is given on the bottle). So I added enough fertilizer (measured on a gram scale) to make up that number of doses and mixed it with water. So now I can just add a capful of liquid a day. It is much easier for me to remember to do something daily than 3x a week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Excel is just a alternative to CO2, if you are injecting CO2 I would recommend saving it in case you get an algae problem because it can act as a algaecide, although it isn't designed for that. Double doses of Excel can clean out a moderate algae outbreak in only a week.

A Pepsi bottle cap is about 7ml. If you use a 1 liter bottle that is 1000 ml. 7/1000 makes 140 capfuls. If you are dosing daily than that is 20 weeks worth, so if you uses the doses you calculated for a week and multiply them by 20 you should have the correct concentration.

Using your numbers below I come up with 15 tbsp KNO3 and 5 tbsp KH2PO4 to make 1 liter. The CSM-B would also be 5 tablespoons but that has to be made in a separate bottle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts