Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Description: This Dupla Co2 diffusor is good for up to 60 gallons, has a built in bubble counter and does a fantastic job! We use this for some of our grow tanks. It is very sturdy! Here is Duplas description: The CO2 gas is passed through a fine-porous glass diaphragm and released into the water as a cloud of tiny gas bubbles. The clever physical trick with the atomizer: the gas bubbles are met by surrounding water movement as they rise, thereby releasing CO2 into the water. CO2 is now available to the plants.

Keywords: diffuser dupla co2 reactor bubble counter

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I finally managed to install my first Co2 system on my 15 gallon aquarium. I remember seeing the diffusers work at pet stores and a few of my buddies have them as well. What I don't remember is that their diffusers did not produced the tiny bubbles that this one does. I was peeled to the glass watching how this thing works and noticed that about half of the bubbles do not float to the surface but rather go sideways into the flow of the tank. (Not sure how Dupla actually does this). The diffuser also has a check valve built in so no water will flow backwards.

So far so good....I have been told by people that this is a very sturdy design that rarely breaks. Made in Germany.

Jersey Scape

Rating10
ProsHundreds of tiny tiny tiny bubbles
ConsNone thus far
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts