Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
7,427 Posts
Do you mean Hemianthus micranthemoides?
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...ails.php?id=33&category=genus&spec=Hemianthus
Its natural habitat was usually if not always tidal rivers, but as far as I know, always above the reach of salt. So maybe it would be OK, but I can't say for sure.

Eleocharis parvula (hairgrass), Sagittaria subulata, 'Philippine' Java fern and a few others are regularly found in brackish areas. Or are you particular to the plant you mentioned?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I do not think it would like any salt at all cause I only add alittle aquarium salt for the fish and shrimps much less than normal and after 24hrs HM turn half yellow and the hair grass turned a little bid on the tip. Did not kill them after a 9 to 10 days... of course I stop adding salt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking about starting a brackish fishtank, with Amano shrimp and Opae Ula and I need to know if Dwarf baby tears will survive the change to brackish water. (This will be my first planted tank)
Hey, any update on this, i know its v old but i am trying something similar, i want figure 8's but not sure if my Hemianthus Micranthemoides will survive 1.003 SG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts