Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put dwarf clover in my tank about a month ago, but it had arrived in its emersed form. it is growing nicely and has converted over to its submerged form. however, I now have all of these non-submerged stems / leaves that are dying off. Should I pull up the clover, separate the new roots / stems from the old and replant the new or would this hinder the growth of the plant?

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I would definitely leave it alone. The amount of plant matter that will decay is so small I can't see it harming anything. And, the plants will appreciate the chance to continue undisturbed.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
It seems to be accepted opinion that Marsilea minuta will grow much better with low light than the other carpet type plants will. I'm not sure what the lower limit on light for that plant is.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I wouldn't pull it up and replant as that would set you back on getting it established. If the old, dieing leaves are hanging on past what you can stand you can just trim them off as far down on the stem as you can.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah just trim them off. mine did the same thing. it grows well in low or high light, a little slower in low light, mine is in med-high and spreading fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts