Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Once the EC starts to stalk, leave it alone, it will actually slow down in growth, but in time it will split or start to show signs of many baby's, if you pull it up and tinker with it, you can mess it up, it is a strange plant.
The tops of the stalks can also turn into plants if conditions are right, once it is noticeable in that state, then simply snip and replant.
Over the years I have taken one I received and now have almost to many to count, so leave it alone and just wait on it, be patient, it can take months to go thru this state....

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Currently the plant is in pool filter sand with heavy water column dosing and high CO2, moderate to high light. What would you consider to be the right conditions and do you recommend I place a piece of Flourish root tab under it?

I will say, it figures that this plant is right in the middle of a tank I hope to have ready for the AGA. Don't mess with it, don't move it he says. Shoot!

·
Registered
253 Posts
got four of them a 2 months ago and while 3 are small (3" diam) one was larger (5" diam). put them in my CRS tank with ada soil and they did great, nice golden hue to the center of the plant. the large one however has gone to seed and now has 10-12 buds with the longest stalk at 5-6" tall, its not close to the water surface and i cant lower the level as the shrimp are more valuable than the plant. Craig, I hope mine behaves like yours and simply puts out more plants, then i may try to grow some emersed around my garden pond (I live in Hawaii so only one season a year here- similar to summer in asia without the triple digit heat that is) hate to have paid good money for a plant that only lived 4-6 months..... I will leave it alone and see what happens.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.