Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for another huge trim! As always I can accept Paypal payments of any type and Revolution Money Payments. Shipping is an additional $6.00 for any amount of plants. I plan to start trimming and shipping these plants this coming Monday July 28th. Thanks for looking. :D

75 Gallon Tank and Plants:

#1 Echinodorus 'Red Devil' - $30.00 / 6"-7" tall daughter plant (2 available)
Gets to be about 18"-20" tall. New leaves are deep red and stay that way under intense lighting. This is a very rare cultivar in the United States as are the other words in this tank.

#2 Echinodorus 'Tricolor' - $10.00 / 3"-4" tall daughter plant (4 available)
Directly from Aquafleur nurseries in the Netherlands this sword gets to be about 18" tall or so. New leaves are almost white with some markings. They turn hot pink and then bright green over time.

#3 Cryptocoryne spiralis 'Dwarf' - $9.00 / 7" tall plant *SOLD*
This particular spiralis only gets to be about 12"-14" tall maximum.

#5 Cryptocoryne sp. - $4.00 / 6" tall mother plant (4 available)
This Cryptocoryne gets about 6" tall. My best guess at the ID of this plant is C. wendtii 'Green Gecko', though it seems to have darker green leaves, the markings are very similar down to the purplish underside of the leaves that develops. It was traded to me merely as Cryptocoryne hybrid x.

#6 Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae $4.00 / mother plant *SOLD*

#4 Taxiphyllum alternans (Tawain Moss) - $5.00 / larger than a golfball sized portion (2 available)

50 Gallon Tank and Plants:

Rotala Verticillaris - $10.00 / 5 stems (tons available) *SOLD*
Rotala rotundifolia 'Colorata' - $6.00 / 10 stems (4 available) *SOLD*
Hygrophila sp. 'Low Grow' - $9.00 / 5 stems (1 available) *SOLD*
Ecinodorus angustifolius 'Vesuvius' - $9.00 / 1 link of runners with about five 2" plantlets on it. (2 available) *SOLD*
Eleocharis sp. - $9.00 / 5 "clumps" (not a large portion, but plenty to get you started)(4 available). *SOLD*
This is a native species that gets to be about 10" tall and stays that tall. The blades are as thin as parvulus and sway gently in the flow of the tank. This species is a great alternative to Eleocharis vivpara in that it spreads by runners and does not form aerial plantlets. The foreground in the picture is parvulus hairgrass for a size reference. This is the taller hairgrass in the background of the tank.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Re: More Rare Swords, Rare Plants and Awesome Plants! Paypal and RM accepted

Hey Aaron, what's that tiny little plant on the right, looks kinda silver in your 50g?

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I think that's just a clump of stringy moss that got caught up in the hairgrass. It's pearling.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts

Got to see these tanks today as it happens....

Dang, dude, some awesome plants! Got to bring home Verticillaris... So much color in your tanks, looking great!

·
Registered
216 Posts

Bump up for this native hairgrass. I purchased some previously and it is brilliant stuff. Also Though he claims it is not a large portion, it is really pretty generous.
"Eleocharis sp. - $9.00 / 5 "clumps" (not a large portion, but plenty to get you started)(4 available)."

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The quantities have been updated. :D

·
Registered
360 Posts

Finally, some pictures of your tanks! They're looking great! I'm interested in trying a few things to, will PM.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

updated again. I'm surprised one one's jumped on the hairgrass yet. It's really nice stuff.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

Aaron's plants are great! I still remember the first order I got from him; the plants remain the healthiest I have received in the last two years!

Aaron, will you ever have Echinodorus purpurea? I'm looking around for some of the smaller (<12") swords.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Aaron's plants are great! I still remember the first order I got from him; the plants remain the healthiest I have received in the last two years!

Aaron, will you ever have Echinodorus purpurea? I'm looking around for some of the smaller (<12") swords.
Thanks James. It's really nice to see how pleased everyone is with the plants I send them.

I do have an E. 'Purpurea'. I'm still growing it out for it to get large enough for daughter plants. I suspect it will still be about 3 months or so. I also have E. 'Deep Purple' growing out as well.

·
Registered
210 Posts

You guys cant go worng with Aaron. His plants are super healthy and the sword I got from him a month ago arrived in perfect condition without a scratch.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts

PM Sent for Eleocharis sp.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

You guys cant go worng with Aaron. His plants are super healthy and the sword I got from him a month ago arrived in perfect condition without a scratch.
Awe shucks :-&

Updated once more. PM me if you want large quantities of plants and we can work out a deal.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I still have the following up for grabs....

#1 Echinodorus 'Red Devil' - $30.00 / 6"-7" tall daughter plant (2 available)
Gets to be about 18"-20" tall. New leaves are deep red and stay that way under intense lighting. This is a very rare cultivar in the United States as are the other words in this tank.

#2 Echinodorus 'Tricolor' - $10.00 / 3"-4" tall daughter plant (4 available)
Directly from Aquafleur nurseries in the Netherlands this sword gets to be about 18" tall or so. New leaves are almost white with some markings. They turn hot pink and then bright green over time.

#5 Cryptocoryne sp. - $4.00 / 6" tall mother plant (4 available)
This Cryptocoryne gets about 6" tall. My best guess at the ID of this plant is C. wendtii 'Green Gecko', though it seems to have darker green leaves, the markings are very similar down to the purplish underside of the leaves that develops. It was traded to me merely as Cryptocoryne hybrid x.

#4 Taxiphyllum alternans (Tawain Moss) - $5.00 / larger than a golfball sized portion (2 available)

Taxiphyllum sp. 'Peacock (Peacock Moss) - $5.00 / larger than a golfball sized portion (4 available)

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Excellent seller! He shipped on date promised, packaged the plants very well for a 3000 mile journey, and he shipped great looking plants....what more could you ask! Roy

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Excellent seller! He shipped on date promised, packaged the plants very well for a 3000 mile journey, and he shipped great looking plants....what more could you ask! Roy
Thanks Roy. It's been a pleasure chatting with you about our respective clubs. I hope you can share it with your fellow Washingtonians. :D

bgzbgz said:
Whats the red plant right above the Crypt spiralis?
That is Cryptocoryne usteriana. It actually is only red / pink on the underside of the leaves. The tops of the leaves are an olive green color and the leaves are extremely bullate. I should have some available in a few weeks or so.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That is Cryptocoryne usteriana. It actually is only red / pink on the underside of the leaves. The tops of the leaves are an olive green color and the leaves are extremely . I should have some available in a few weeks or so.
Very interesting, thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.