Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was perusing eBay and I came across this:
Cartridge CO2 system

After much analyzing of the picture and finding a link to the replacement cartridges:
3pc cartridge refill

I have determined that these are made by up-aqua.com and although the bubble counter and check valve are basic, the larger than ADA cartridges and compact regulator seem like they would be great for a nano tank. Has anybody tried or seen these products in person? How do they stop the end of tank dump? Or is that even a problem on a small cartridge like this. From an aesthetic standpoint this would be a much more favorable option as opposed to a full CO2 rig on my nightstand and financially a better choice than the ADA CO2 kit. Let me know what you guys think. I may end up guinea pigging this if nobody chimes in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I have a paintball kit on it's way now for my 25 Tall tank. Even if I could get away with a 9oz paintball canister, the regulator and various connectors/adapters make it to large. On my cube garden I want it all to be visible so I also want it to be aesthetically pleasing for my night stand. Green Leaf Aquariums are rumored to have something in the works, but I would like to get it soon since I am going to start planting tonight. I will dose with excel and maybe throw together a DIY yeast setup until I can figure something more concrete down. I wonder if the ADA canisters will fit this regulator?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just looking at this same system. I'm trying to calculate just how much of a value this would be compared to a larger system, and am wondering how often the cartridges would have to be replaced.

Would anybody here be able to tell me roughly how long a 95g cartridge would last in a 29 gallon, medium/high light aquarium?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts