Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased one of these about a week ago and planted in in my aquarium, it is not growing and it is dieing, the leaves are starting from the outside and turning brown! its a fair size plant about 12 inches tall, and it wasn't very cheap so id like some help please!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i also have one of these purchased a few weeks ago! mine wasn;t cheap either and i'd like to keep it alive. most of the green leaves on mine are starting to turn brown around the edges, some leaves are completly brown. there is new growth though, and lots, in the past week and a half 2 new leaves have completly devolped and a new one is shooting up 2 inches as we speak, should i cut of the brow leaves or the ones turning brown? how do i go about doing this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
jeffhardy55555 said:
i recently purchased one of these about a week ago and planted in in my aquarium, it is not growing and it is dieing, the leaves are starting from the outside and turning brown! its a fair size plant about 12 inches tall, and it wasn't very cheap so id like some help please!!
Is it possible that the plant was originally grown emersed and now that it's submersed, it's losing the emersed leaves? When I had an Echinodorus 'Rosé', I found it to be similar in requirements to most of the other sword plants. After many months, it grew too large for my 50 gallon tank, so I traded it in for store credit at the local aquarium shop.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Many plants will do this when switching from emersed to submersed.
I hope this is the case for you. If all other parameters are in line then it should sprout back up for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts