Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts about the Eheim Pro 3 Electronic - pro or con? Cost is not a factor. I just want the best filter I can afford for my 50 G planted.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks brighty K. Lots of people seem to like the classic Eheims but my wife is an OCD clean freak (her description) and she has freak visions of water all over her inlay wood floors every time I do filter maintenance. The Pro 3 electronic#2076 (105 gal) and 2078 (185gal) - not to be confused w/ the Pro 3 non-electronic 2080 (320 gal) - appears to be a lot easier and less messy to maintain. Plus it has flow adjustment w/ auto adjust constant flow thruput which compensates for filter saturation automatically. You can program for day/nite flow rates and stream/wave simulations as well. It has other auto correct features such as trapped air removal as well. Here's a video from their North American website:
http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/movies/EHEIM_prof3e_Highlights_USA.wmv

What do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good points, brighty. I wonder if it would be possible to tap a spigot on the bottom of the Pro 3E?

Anybody else have any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for your comments Brighty and Lighthouse. I ended up buying the Pro 3e. Is it possible to fall in love with equipment? Looks like a perfect fit for me so far. I don't mind having more filter than I need esp. since I can adjust the flow rate (electronically). Also, living in Hawaii where the year-round average temp is 75 degrees I've never found the need for a heater. With lights and other heat emitting fixtures my water temp is around 80 or so.

Mahalo and Aloha
The fooj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts