Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Description: The EHEIM professional Wet/Dry Canister Filters offer efficiency surpassing that of traditional trickle filters. The water movement within the filter is bi-directional, allowing for extended contact time between bacteria colonies, oxygen and toxins, which are thus decomposed much more rapidly than in a traditional filter.

Models:

View attachment 65

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use my 2329 wet-dry thermo filter with eheims own filter media, ehfisubstrat. It works very well as a bio-filter and somewhat good as a mechanical filter. However the mechanical removal of small particles could be a little bit better.

It is very easy to maintain, but don\'t be to hasty!
By mistake I broke one of the parts for the filter, and it took me about four weeks to get a new one. This could have led to massive fish loss, but I was lucky, my filter continued working at 1/10 of the original speed and a few extra waterchanges saved me my fish. At least the spare part turned out to be much cheaper than I expected it to be.

I bought my filter second hand for $230 (=1600 SEK). The LFS charge about $450.

I strongly recommend this filter, just take your time to be careful when maintaining it ;)

Rating9
ProsQuiet, effective bio-filter, easy to maintain
Conshard to get spare-parts (Sweden)
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts