Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ah-ha!!! I was communicating with Stephan some months ago and he sent me this article, but I never passed it on because I thought it was going to come out in an issue of TAG. He also offered to send me some E. gussonei seeds, but I got distracted by Life and never got back to him on the matter. Besides, I probably would have had to set up a special tank for it, and I didn't have the time or the means to do it.

I was going to send him some E. triandra seeds, but when I harvested a bunch of pods and let them dry, they got stuck on the bottom of the glass and when I tried to scrape them off, some of the pods broke, released the seeds, and other pods got gummy and nasty-looking. If you're interested in trying the E. gussonei, you should trade for some of your E. triandra. It should be easy - just snip off some of the nodes that have pods growing on them, trim off any foliage and excess stem, let it dry completely on a piece of parchment or something that you can just fold up (pods and all), slip it into a small baggie, then an envelope, and send it.

The E. gussonei look so cool - like tiny glosso. They look big in the photo, but according to the article, the leaves are like 1/10 the size of glosso. Sound a bit too sensitive for my taste, though.

-Naomi

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This is a beautiful plant. I disagree with Stephan. If this little plant ever made it into the US hobby, it would instantly be a bit hit due to the small size.

Maybe one day.

Carlos

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Got rare Crypts?
If not, you are not worthy, Crypts are the pinnicles to which we should aspire.

Of course a Victorian water lily is not bad either.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
256 Posts
Obviously I am a few months behind on this, but does anyone still have any E. gussonei growing that they can part with a few "stems?" I've read that article a couple of different times, and am completely enjoying my exploding E. trianda forest. I'd like to set up an Elatine-only tank, but was hoping for a couple of different sizes.

Anybody anybody? I'll be happy to trade what I have growing Down On The Farm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't be sorry. I never saw this before!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts