·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was searching Ebay and I came across this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Electronic-CO2-Generator-Producer-Aquarium_W0QQitemZ120299652672QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Has anyone ever used a product like this? It says that it produces CO2 through electrolysis. It is cheap, but does it work? I am skeptical, but the box looks like it has a picture of an aquarium on it. If it does work, how much CO2 can it produce?
It generate 250ml CO2 gas per hour. Suitable for tank size 30 to 120 Litre (0.8 to 4 Galon)
Plus the carbon rods will need to be replaced every so often DIY would be much more effective.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bsmith782, the idea behind this is that an electrical current runs through a carbon rod and through electralysis, releases CO2 as the rod dissolves. I would wonder if most of the usable CO2 won't bond out of the solution and be unusable due to the electalysis? It sounds like a cool expirament though.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I understand the idea here its like a carbo + system. I was asking FSH where he had been.

bsmith782, the idea behind this is that an electrical current runs through a carbon rod and through electralysis, releases CO2 as the rod dissolves. I would wonder if most of the usable CO2 won't bond out of the solution and be unusable due to the electalysis? It sounds like a cool expirament though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one of these and expecting it to be weak I set it to the strongest setting, needless to say within two hours the Co2 levels where so high my fish started to drop, took me the whole night and a 75% water change to get the levels back down to safe levels. had to transfer all the fish that dropped to the recovery tank and give CPR to a few but the casualty rate was a wonderful 0% and now i know not to under estimate any products. The main tank is a 200L and the recovery Tank is 150L and just an added fact it produces pure hydrogen and oxygen in small amounts as a by product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts