Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Electric CO2 Generator?

12K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Logic65 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
bsmith782, the idea behind this is that an electrical current runs through a carbon rod and through electralysis, releases CO2 as the rod dissolves. I would wonder if most of the usable CO2 won't bond out of the solution and be unusable due to the electalysis? It sounds like a cool expirament though.

#8 ·
I bought one of these and expecting it to be weak I set it to the strongest setting, needless to say within two hours the Co2 levels where so high my fish started to drop, took me the whole night and a 75% water change to get the levels back down to safe levels. had to transfer all the fish that dropped to the recovery tank and give CPR to a few but the casualty rate was a wonderful 0% and now i know not to under estimate any products. The main tank is a 200L and the recovery Tank is 150L and just an added fact it produces pure hydrogen and oxygen in small amounts as a by product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.