Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to find at least 2 strong men who can move my tanks NOW. I need them moved from today (Thursday, Oct 30 - this Saturday, Nov 1). I will pay $100 an hour for the movers.

I hired a LFS to move my 75g and 20long tanks this morning. But yesterday their phone number was "temporarily disconnected" and today, it's ringing but no one is answering (this is after their store was supposed to be open for business). They were scheduled to be here over 30 minutes ago. They have not called me.

Even worst, the company that moved my furniture took over 11 hours to move my stuff when the quote was for 4 hours. That has thrown me an entire day behind. I had hoped to have the tanks broken down and the fish, inverts and plants already moved to my house, but I am just now able to get to the tanks. So I can only begin to break them down now.

Here is what I need:
  • If I have not managed to break the tank down, I'll need help with that.
  • I will need the tank and equipment removed from a 3rd story apartment to my house, about 20 minutes away.
  • I need the stand, tanks and canopy set up and leveled at my house.
I will do all the rest of the work myself. I just don't have the physical ability to move everything.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! I have to have everything out of this apartment on Saturday, and the LFS that I hired 3 weeks ago appears to not be coming.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OMG, I finally got ahold of the LFS owner. Nothing is going right for him either. But he CAN reschedule the move for tomorrow. That saves me completely!

Sorry for the panic, but with the store's phone being disconnected, no show this morning, and no answer at the store, I was afraid they had closed and left me without movers! :eek:

Now I also have the owner's cell phone so I won't be unable to reach him if I need.

Time for a valium.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fish Ranch. Do you know anything about them? I've only bought fish from them, but the owner seems to be a good person.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update so I don't leave the store name hanging like that.

Mike from Fish Ranch moved my tanks today, and I have to say he's a really great guy! We worked together on the timing so I could finish breaking down the tanks. He was very careful with my gear without getting overly ridiculous. And he's a really nice guy overall.

Thanks to Mike working with me, I got my tanks moved over without any problems. If only everyone had such good work ethics!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe you can write a book now entitled" HOW TO MOVE YOUR TANKS IN 3 EASY LESSONS AND 1 HARD ONE. I think I had a heart attack just reading the panic in your thread. I'm glad alls well that ends well. Have a relaxing day now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts