Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share some photos of my attempt to do wabikusa. Most of them are 2 weeks old.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Are you using any kind of soil (ada?) and ball it up?

How much does that top cost? :pound: ok, my bad, I just want to use the pound smilie.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ball is made up of peat/ada soil center and sphagnum moss wrapped around it with cotton thread. So far working good. As for the cover.... saran wrap...;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update....

Here are some new photos of my wabikusa set up. From terrarium style (tank covered with cellophane)to acclimating them into an air conditioned atmosphere (open tank). As you can see, they are starting to acclimate well. There are some dried up leaves on some of them but the newer leaves are doing fine.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
very cool - are these going for sale or for a specific tank?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ombcat - I am using a Tek 24x4 with 2 midday and 2 aquaflora by giesemann.

hooha - They were just experiments but finding that people are showing some interest in them. We will see how it goes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That is sooooo cool! I want to do something with some cool tanks I have, but my cat is a pest when it comes to stuff like this. Maybe I can do this at work. Can you describe how much of each component you use to put this together? Any type of fertilization?

Texex94

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Yes, water is flowing from the top of the shelf down to the bottom. Moisture is absorbed from the balls.

Nice!

How are you keeping them moist enough? Is there water flowing past the soil over the shelves?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great project!! I was wondering if you could post a picture of the "ball" of substrate so that I (& we) may better understand how it is done? Also, I'm guessing the ball cannot be submersed, as can the ADA ones?
Thank You

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great project!! I was wondering if you could post a picture of the "ball" of substrate so that I (& we) may better understand how it is done? Also, I'm guessing the ball cannot be submersed, as can the ADA ones?
Thank You
I am currently submersing the balls to see what will happen. I must say so far so good. The ADA balls from what I have seen can be submersed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its a Do!Aqua 60cm waterfall made by ADA. Cool kit tank. It comes with a glass spray bar and glass intake.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts