Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep misc anubias species in this tray. Tray is located right below CF fixture and is sprayed during weekly water changes. I would like to have all my anubias in my show tank look as good as emersed growth.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I assume anubias adapt well to emmersed life? I have been thinking of growing some emersed, and your beautiful photographs have got me motivated!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin,

They are very easy to adapt. I'm thinking about removing dome altogether since there is some humidity in my fishroom. This will be my next step and I will update this topic with any findings.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phil Edwards said:
Those are some gorgeous plants Jay. Are you keeping them in any substrate or are they sitting in the cubes by themselves?
Phil,

Thanks.

They are sitting in the tray filled with Flora line liquid.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Very nice plants, Jay. Have you noticed any difference in the growth rate of your emersed vs. submersed anubias?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aquatic-store.com said:
Jay Nice pics, What is flora line?
If I remember correctly I have some:

- A. congensis
- A. barteri
- A. nana
- A. "petite"
- A. nana "golden"
- A. "marble"

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rob G said:
Very nice plants, Jay. Have you noticed any difference in the growth rate of your emersed vs. submersed anubias?
Not a huge difference but I noticed increase in emersed growth. Spotless quality as well.

I plan to setup one more tray with other species and slowely convert it into 100% emersed without dome.

·
Administrator
7,397 Posts
Why would you go without the dome? I've grown them in lower humidity conditions, and they don't seem to like it much. Some leaves ended up with dried out spots on them. At the very least, I'd think you would have to mist them a lot.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cavan Allen said:
Why would you go without the dome? I've grown them in lower humidity conditions, and they don't seem to like it much. Some leaves ended up with dried out spots on them. At the very least, I'd think you would have to mist them a lot.
I want to transform them very slowly. I want to look at them directly without dome, that's why :wink:

I don't mind misting them more frequently. I have all day after work :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts