Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is an update for everyone.

Here is a C. wendtii "Tropica" that had been in the emersed setup for 7 days. At this time it had just started to take. The old leaves had died, one remaining in the left and two new leaves had formed. This was Mar.15th.

Here is the same plant on April 15, roughly 3 weeks from the first pic

Here is the same plant today, roughly 6&1/2-7 weeks since it all began.

What do ya think?

Here are a couple new pics of the C. beckettii "Petchii". The red is metalic in person, though I am not sure how to capture this on film. Hope you enjoy.

Here is an older pic, 3 weeks ago of the petchii

Opinions? Ideas? Comments?

·
Registered
288 Posts
looking good.

Is it normal for the 'tropica' turn yellowish under high light?
What happened to the 'Red special'?

Just a while longer and you can start splitting up the pots :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure if yellowish is normal. The mature leaves do lose the red, to green, to olive as they age. Atleast that is what mine do...

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Justin,

Man, you've put me to shame!! Now I've got to go out and get myself some PC lights for my rack...;) Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on the flower, now go out and grow another one so you can cross pollinate them.

Best,
Phil

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Justin,

Can you get Fruit Flies where you are? Crypts are naturally pollinated by little flying insects and Fruit Flies would likely be the perfect domestic substitution. Of course, a brush should work too..:)

Best,
Phil

·
Registered
22 Posts
what substrate do you use???..you have some kind of water circulation system?? the substrate is covered with a little of water?

it looks very good...i'm in a similar project, but in my country it's hard to find good information...so any help..would be a dream for me
thank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts