Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a couple of the propogation trays and domes this week and am curious what others use for fertilizing? I was thinking of just using what I put in my tank, Flourish, KNO3, and fleet enema. I think tsunami mentioned he uses Florabloom, Floragrow, and Floramicro. Would you mind sharing how much you would use in a tray? Anyone else with different ideas want to share?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
If you want to use the Florabloom, Floragro, and Floramicro, the instructions on how to use them are on the back of the bottle. I would use the mild formula to start. :)

Carlos

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Miracle grow works fine also, just mist good once a week.
You can buy pricy fertilizer and they work well, but just good potting soil heavy with peat and a weekly fert mist does super.
Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you give me an example of the potting soil you are speaking of? I dont have any experience choosing soils. Will it say on the bag how much peat is in it? What is a good ammount to have? Do you grow your plants in soil only and no water except for misting the leaves? Do you use straight miracle grow or do you mix it with water?

TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts