Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

From what I have been reading most shrimp breeders will do a shrimp only tank. Has anyone had any luck with a certain species of fish with CRS and any other shrimp? I would like to keep Endlers with CRS. Has anybody had any success with this combination? I know even a guppy will eat a baby fry if they can get their mouth around it. Just trying to see what the consensus is.

Michael

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
The males do a lot better than the females for me.

I tried females with cherry shrimp, had tons of moss in a 30 long, found the female endlers dive boming head first into the moss ot go after young shrimp.

I think a lot of it depends on tank size, personally. My 180g is fairly lightly stocked, but has Rams, rainbows, and a thriving cherry colony...

·
Registered
490 Posts
I tried but I don't think its worth it. CRS are expensive so each time they eat a baby CRS, it like eating $5 a pop.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I read somewhere that small baby shrimps are one of the staple items in the diet of guppies (and, presumably by extension, Endlers too) in the wild. That's enough for me to not even want to risk it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was thinking......I have a 28 gallon that I just set up. I really want Endlers in that tank. I was looking at shrimp though. Bummer, I can't mix the two. It's going to be a Paluradium setup. Any shrimp I could mix beside CRS?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well I've had some together for a couple of months...a few eaten shrimp here and there, but most make it to adulthood. Just keep lots of moss/plants in your tank and the babies will hide there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

From what I have been reading most shrimp breeders will do a shrimp only tank. Has anyone had any luck with a certain species of fish with CRS and any other shrimp? I would like to keep Endlers with CRS. Has anybody had any success with this combination? I know even a guppy will eat a baby fry if they can get their mouth around it. Just trying to see what the consensus is.

Michael
Hi,

I have no answer for your question..I am looking for Crystal Shrimp to put in my tank with Endlers. If anyone has any for sale please reply....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've kept shrimp in tanks with endlers and fancy guppies. The endlers eventually learned to hunt baby shrimp, and had to go.

If you keep male fancy guppies (with the huge flowing tails), they are too slow moving to be able to hunt shrimp well at all. The females can hunt pretty well, though, so only use males, and only with the large flowing tails.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have used endelers and cherry and they are fine but you have to have moss for them to hide and at night the little shrimps wil go on a feeding frenzy jejejejejejejejjejeje

1 - 9 of 9 Posts