Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a normal 20g tank. 24"x12"x16" tall. As you can see.

My question is, i am planning fill it with aquatic plants. I have a xp2. As you can see, should I use that water outlet in my tank or this one.

Because I don't know which one is better for my tank and better for the plants.
Next question is, is this light enough to support all aquatic plants, i know this brand. i have 4x24w T5HO 10,000K each.

Next question is, what do you think of this African driftwood. To me I don't like it because I think its so big in the tank, so i took it out.

I got all the chemical to support plants i think, for example I got substrate that is eco complete, I got dry fertz KH2P04,K2S04,KNO3 and CSM+B a drop checker, pH tester, 5lb co2 tank.
Ill take your opinions and recommends to.

·
Registered
697 Posts
the outlet depends on how you plan on laying out your plants and hardscape. whether you use the spraybar or nozzle, depends on which one will prevent the most dead spots in terms of water circulation.

as for lighting, the light spectrum will be fine for almost anything, however you have quite a bit of light. 3 lamps would be sufficient on your tank size.

as for the driftwood, i will leave that up to you as you're the one who has to look at it every day.

and don't forget about the regulator and needle valve :D

it looks like you've got most of your bases covered... good luck!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i got a regulator and needle valve. Its a milwaukee MA957. I want to do something similar like the picture below. I want to put lots of stem plant in my tank in the back portion.

This pictures from andreic of this forum.
One other worry i have is my lighting system doesn't have a fan. I don't know if that will be problem or not :sad:.
The driftwood I was thinking of taking a sludge hammer and go berserk on it to little pieces then stop myself from doing it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts