Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why I never noticed, but this family name is spelled wrong in the Plant Finder. It should be Eriocaulaceae. I can't change this all myself, so how 'bout it P3r3?

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn't a way you can make it so the pictures don't break if I move something to a new family?

·
Registered
124 Posts
There isn't a way you can make it so the pictures don't break if I move something to a new family?
I didnt write the plantfinder so I can't tell you how hard it would be to implement right now. I dont know that I have very little free time to denote to this problem because of all the stuff going on around here now. Try to talk to put in a request to one of our community managers and they can put the issue in the system and prioritize it.

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who is a community manager? Justgroovy?

The image works when you go to the entry itself, but not when looking at the genus page or all records. Then there are the others. I appreciate that you're busy with other stuff, which is why I'd like to get this squared away so I don't have to bug anybody and can do it all myself.

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The picture now shows up in the genus and all records. Cool.

When the entry panel is fixed, will I be able to switch families and stuff like that myself? If not the way I tried before, might saving the pictures to my computer and reloading them later work?

·
Registered
124 Posts
The picture now shows up in the genus and all records. Cool.

When the entry panel is fixed, will I be able to switch families and stuff like that myself? If not the way I tried before, might saving the pictures to my computer and reloading them later work?
Yea that would work. The problem is that the program fails to take into account the new directory struture when a genus changes and thus breaks the images. I would need to add some code in there to copy the files over upon a change.

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You mean family changes? That would be great if you could make it so there's no problem upon doing that. I guess I can try the runaround in the meantime just to see if it works.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
"tomato tomahto, potato, potahto - let's call the whole thing off"

only you would see that Cavan ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts