Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Robert, are you still getting those Eriocaulon cinereum? The ones mentioned in June newsflash. I can't wait anymore lol.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
I am really, really POed right now. It looks like this deal has fallen apart, and not only that but I am out a thousand bucks. This is really going to hurt me, and couldn't come at a worse time. I knew I was taking a chance with this deal, but I still can't believe it.
Man... I got come up with a big piece of change quick, or I am in trouble, and I don't know where it is going to come from. Somebody better buy a crap load of plants from me!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I am really, POed right now. Right now it looks like this deal has fallen apart, and not only that but I am out a thousand bucks. This is really going to hurt me, and couldn't come at a worse time. I knew I was taking a chance with this deal, but I still can't believe it. [email protected]#Man... I got come up with a big piece of change quick, or I am in trouble, and I don't know where it is going to come from. Somebody better buy a crap load of plants from me! :
THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! Was it one of your normal suppliers? In the U.S.?

I know exactly where your coming from i had a wholesale company flake on me a while ago when i wanted to start my store, i am out $300 not near your thousand but still.

Can you make me a low light plant package? Im going to redo my 46 gallon corner tank. have $30 to $45 dollars. not much but all i have in the budget for the tank. i will be sitting by the computer waiting for E-mail=0)

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Can you make me a low light plant package? Im going to redo my 46 gallon corner tank. have $30 to $45 dollars. not much but all i have in the budget for the tank. i will be sitting by the computer waiting for E-mail=0)
Sure, whatever you want! I appreciate the gesture. I just needed to vent a little.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Hey Jeremy...

This guy that fell off the face of the earth with my money has finaly re surfaced again! Now he claims I am getting my plants on friday! So now you don't have to order! ;)If all goes right, I will sell half the plants, and put the rest in a grow out system I invested in to double my yeild every 30 days.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sorry if my little venting offended any one! :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jeremy...

This guy that fell off the face of the earth with my money has finaly re surfaced again! Now he claims I am getting my plants on friday! So now you don't have to order! ;)If all goes right, I will sell half the plants, and put the rest in a grow out system I invested in to double my yeild every 30 days.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sorry if my little venting offended any one! :(
I will keep my fingers crossed! will wait a couple of days for when you get the Erio's then :cool:

still need to redo my corner tank:D.

Ps. dont "have" to order. I need to order, this hobby is an addiction after all.....isn't it?

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Next thursday, the 14th, is the day the plants arrive to me. Four different kinds of moss, a couple fissidens, Cryp blassi, cryp affinis, no eriocaulons. I have some of the paperwork to prove its coming. Total time in transit from Asia to customs to the broker to me will be 3 days. The only plants that concern me are the Cryps, particularly the affinis. Its very prone to melting, but I only added those plants to the order to help pay for the shipping. Its the mosses that I really wanted.

As soon as I get the plants, the mosses will go into a grow system I have set up which is basically shallow trays with humidity domes. I will also be experimenting with growing them on wood and rock to sell. Wood covered in Fissiden! Wouldn't that be cool! :cool:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Could also have just like free floating squares not on wood? or on mesh.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Eriocaulon cinereum is the only one they ever have any way, none of the really cool ones you have! Maybe you and your other buddy in Portland will trade me some for some moss? :-k

I will wait a week before shipping out the mosses to people to give them a chance to perk up, but they are pretty tough plants. If people were buying these same mosses that were in transit from Malaysia for up to three weeks without any problems, then three days in transit shouldn't be a problem.

I only want to sell a portion of what I have though so I can grow out the rest to keep a continual supply. It not only makes this a better investment for me, but will enable me to eventually offer larger portions for lower prices, benefiting everyone.

Cabomba furcata, for the past year I have been getting it from florida aquatic, but they only have it in very small qtys, and very sporadically. I cann't understand why. They seem to have a problem growing it for some reason. I may have to get this from an importer again, but then I would have to buy a bunch of other plants to go with it. So, for the time being, I'll have it whenever I can get it from florida.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts