Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
You have a lot more homework to do Coralite :) but it's nice to see someone else who seems to be interested in the Erio species.

I know it as Erio Sp Sulawesi (large) and it looks just like a Matto Grosso when young and I'm sure it will be availbale in the US in time.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well, if you shared some of your notes I wouldn't have to dig all this stuff up myself.
Sometimes this is the best way to learn, it has done wonders for me :)

Why don't you spill the beans on the Erios you've found and have?
I'm in collect mode right now and I'm not one for show an tell as past experience tells me people think i'm showy, so I mostly keep my babies to myself unless I'm selling.

Hey shadow thanks for the contribution, given the relative proximity of Sulawesi it is entirely possible that the plant you have is similar or the same to the Eriocaulon "Big Star" from lake Towuti.
No the plant shown is not the Big Star Erio, the plant shown looks alot to me like an Erio Australia Type II, even the leaf structure and growth pattern looks the same, but even if it is'nt I know for sure thats not a Sulawesi (big Star). Looking at that picture I can tell when that plant is taken out the water the leaves will support it's weight and remain fairly upright, on the other hand The Big Star like I said is like a Matto Grosso in almost every way (that means texture of leaves is the same), so when it is taken out the water the leaves will collapse like a Matto Grosso does....at least mine does and I do have both species.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts