Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
There does seem to be a dearth of knowledge of all Erios everywhere, in Australia we have over 60 species listed, i've seen about five, and there seems limited info on them at all.
Back to the topic is looks similar to an unidentified species we have here in Australia, i was lucky enough to get a few of these about 18 months ago, they were about the size of a 20 cent piece (a US quarter), and now the biggest one is bigger than my fist and grow to a height of about 5-8 cms(2-3 inches), i've never had seen them seed so i can't really tell you how to propagate them.
I keep mine under a 150w halide six hours a day
Two quick photos.

·
Registered
68 Posts
"I'm in collect mode right now and I'm not one for show an tell as past experience tells me people think i'm showy, so I mostly keep my babies to myself unless I'm selling".

Don't be like that I love seeing all the erio's you've managed to collect, sure, it makes me jealous of your impressive collection. I'd rather see them than not, even if i can't have them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think most of these plants look the same Cinereum/Aus II
Because they are, recently the NT Herbarium has been doing some work with eriocaulon's and came to the same conclusion.
In other Eriocaulon news
Interesetingly enough another species thought to be this species has been classified as another species. It is Eriocaulon Scullioni, a little spiky tuft with leaves less than a centimetre long. doesn't seem to be alot of info about this one yet.
And yet another one that may be of interest that we all thought was a variety of E. zollingeranium is actually E.Depressum.
Hope that to the confusion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts