Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Just when I thought I'd tracked down every Eriocaulon species I happened across another new Eriocaulon which is circulating in the South East Asian freshwater plant community. A very cool and unique new Erio.

The new plant is called Eriocaulon "Dekabosi" or just "Dekabosi" which means "Big Star" (in what language I don't know). Erio Dekabosi originates from the Indonesian island of Sulawesi where it has been recorded from Danao (Lake) Towuti. The leaves resemble setaceum but I was assured that this is not E. setaceum and this plant has not been showed to have much of a stem. This plant will hopefully make it's way to the Western Hemisphere so that Erio enthusiasts can grow and distribute the "Big Star" Eriocaulon.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey shadow thanks for the contribution, given the relative proximity of Sulawesi it is entirely possible that the plant you have is similar or the same to the Eriocaulon "Big Star" from lake Towuti. Please do share more of your Australian and other Erios that you grow. I would be particularly interested to hear descriptions of what sort of environments you have collected Eriocaulons from in Australia. :clap2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts